Thursday, February 23, 2012

New projects finished!

Well, I have been able to finish up two new projects today!

I had a customer who was interested in a layering piece to go with outfits for her baby girl. She was looking for a onsie-style outfit that had fitted long sleeves and long legs but all that she could find in stores were ones with baggy arms and legs. I'll have to admit, I am not a fan of working with knits but I was up for a challenge. I started off with a pattern for a full outfit and ended up tailoring it to my customer's needs. I think the three outfits turned out pretty well! They are getting shipped out tomorrow so I'll soon see if they fit fine!

Next, I had to make something for my own girls. We are going on a cruise in a few weeks and my twins will have to carry their own luggage. Backpacks are a great way to stuff miscellaneous items away but my girls are so small and backpacks are so large it would just be too much for them to haul around. I was wanting a smaller bag that would not only fit a lot of their trinkets for during the plane ride but also one that would be good to walk around with during the days when we are off the ship. I love the idea of drawstring bags; I have seen so many teens wearing them! So I let the girls pick out their own fabrics for their bags. This was a simple project; the most time was spent on getting the rope straps adjusted in their places so I could sew the fabric around them at the top. This is Ms. E's bag. When I get both of the girls together later on today, I'll get a picture of them with their bags on.

No comments:

Post a Comment